72 Hour Hair DetoxThe Copperhed Team
Your hair battles a lot, much like your skin. Air pollution, the sun, and toxic home items can wreak havoc on our hair and bodies. Our homes have many toxic chemicals we are not even aware of that actually stick to the hair and clothes. Some of these items include scented candles, plug-in scents, air fresheners, fabric softeners, detergents, household cleaning supplies, and beauty products, just to name a few. The toxins end up disrupting our endocrine system, causing the liver to become sluggish, and the lymphatic system to be congested. Try switching to essential oil diffusers, make your own home fragrance of essential oils, ditch the fabric softeners and buy only clean, fragrance-free and dye-free detergents. There is an array of non-toxic cleaning supplies to choose from.
When it comes to beauty, there are many companies that say they are clean. And for the most part, they are until you get to that little word “fragrance” or “perfume”. This is where the brand negates all the good because fragrance can be a disguise for up to 300 different allergens and carcinogens. Copperhed uses clean, vegan copper infused ingredients free of silicones, parabens, sulfates, gluten, synthetic dyes, synthetic fragrances, and cruelty.
Here are 5 Steps to the Perfect 72 Hour Hair Detox
- Exfoliate the scalp with Copperhed Copper Infusion Exfoliating Shampoo for Scalp and Body. The scalp can build up excessive sebum during winter months from too much dry shampoo, lack of proper washing, and products that contain silicone. This invigorating formula with tea tree oil and peppermint helps to get rid of dry, itchy and irritated scalp. The scalp will immediately feel soothed and calm. Make sure to gently scrub using the pads of your fingertips and not your nails. Spend time massaging the scalp to stimulate blood flow. Let the product sit on the scalp while you deeply inhale and open up your sinuses from the uplifting aromas. Rinse thoroughly. May be used as a body scrub for smooth and polished skin. Avoid face and eye area.
- Follow with Copperhed Copper Infused Daily Shampoo and Copperhed Copper Infused Daily Conditioner for clean, shiny, soft and manageable hair. Make sure not to use too hot of water as this can damage the hair follicles. Always finish with a cold rinse to close the cuticle (for radiant shine), and pores (to keep hair clean and free of any oil residue).
- Comb hair gently with a wet brush or shampoo comb and spray Copperhed Copper Infused Daily Hair and Scalp Leave-On Treatment to soothe any itchiness, detangle the hair, add shine and hydration, while promoting pigment production and healthy hair growth.
- Avoid all styling products, styling tools and air-dry hair only. Avoid hats, rubber bands and clips that pull hair. Instead, use a gentle head band, wrap or scrunchie.
- Make sure to sleep on a satin pillowcase to reduce breakage and frizz. Try skipping steps 1-3 on day 2 and repeat on Day 3. You can use these steps as a maintenance plan, weekly or every other week, depending on your needs. This allows your natural oils to replenish the scalp without over-stripping the hair. Don’t forget to take a supplement to heal from the inside out. Copperhed Copper Infusion Hair, Lash, Brow and Skin Formula will help to promote pigment production, hair growth for hair, lashes, and brows, while increasing collagen production for glowing skin.