To Straighten or Wave?The Copperhed Team
Award-Winning Celebrity Hairstylist, Haircare and Salon owner, Marco Pelusi, shares his tips on achieving the best results from flat ironing.
The flat iron could be considered a girl’s best friend. And they have come a long way in recent years. From super straight silkiness, to cascading curls, or loose bouncy beach waves, there are many things to consider to give the perfect finished look while maintaining the integrity of the hair and preventing heat damage.
The Copperhed Super Fast “S” Styler is the first copper infused flat iron with a patented “S” design to create a variety of looks in less time. Copper gives the most even heat distribution and allows for fast heat up and recovery. Plus, copper helps to inhibit the growth of bacteria and fungus.
We were honored to catch up with celebrity hairstylist, platform artist, educator and salon owner, Marco Pelusi. His clientele includes James Brolin, Carol Alt, Eva LaRue, and Carson Kressley, to name a few. Regardless of the styling tool you use, here are some important tips to consider.
- Makes sure the hair is 100% dry and clean. Use a leave in treatment before drying to give shine and hydration. Try spraying Copperhed Daily Hair & Scalp Leave-On Treatment, which is free of silicones, parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes and fragrances. Silicones can cause build up on the scalp and hair creating a coating.
- Pick the right temperature first and make sure the iron is fully heated to desired temperature. If you are straightening the hair, 360° is a good temperature. If you are curling or waving, the temperature needs to be around 410°. Avoid 450°. Even if it heats that high, few strands can handle that temperature.
- Pre-section hair into small pieces with sectioning or gator clips. Start by separating the top half and bottom half then separate the halves into smaller sections.
- Marco loves the Copperhed Super Fast “S” Styler and how soft the hair feels, instantly. Marco says to place the flat iron on small sections starting at the root and glide through the ends. “The hair should feel smoother than before.”
- When Marco is going for a wavy result, he says it’s important to twist the iron with your wrist as you glide through the ends. Twist as much as needed for desired look.
- “The iron delivers the hair in better condition. For a more conditioning effect, leave the iron on a second longer to achieve a shiny, smooth surface.”
If you are in the Los Angeles area, you must visit Marco and his incredible staff at:
Marco Pelusi Hair Studios
636 North Robertson Blvd Unit B
West Hollywood, CA 90069